Skip to page body Home About Community Living Doing Business Browse by Topic I Want to... Your Government

The City of College Station requires permits for lawn irrigation systems.  As a general rule, a state licensed irrigator must obtain lawn irrigation permits. However, we also allow a homeowner to obtain a lawn irrigation permit to install a system on property owned and occupied by him as his homestead.  If a contractor is used, the contractor must be registered with the City of College Station.  A copy of the state license, a Certificate of Insurance and a $60 fee will be required upon registration.

The potable water supply to lawn irrigation systems must be protected against the possibility of backflow by an approved backflow prevention device.  The following devices are approved for use in College Station to protect against backflow from irrigation systems:

  • An atmospheric-type vacuum breaker
  • A pressure-type vacuum breaker
  • A reduced pressure principle backflow preventer, or
  • A double check valve assembly

All devices must be installed per the manufactures’ installation instructions and in compliance with applicable local ordinances. 

For more information regarding lawn irrigation permits, please contact Planning & Development Services at (979) 764-3570.

Last updated: 8/14/2017 10:42:57 AM