Skip to page body Home About Community Living Doing Business Browse by Topic I Want to... Your Government

An electrical permit is required to install electrical wiring, devices, appliances, fixtures and electrical equipment in the City of College Station. Exceptions include replacing fuses, snap switches, and signal conveying systems.  The City of College Station uses the National Electrical Code to regulate the installation of electrical systems.

Electricians must be registered with the City of College Station.  In order to register, the electrician must provide a copy of their electrical license as well as a Certificate of Insurance along with a $60 registration fee.  For more information on electrical permits, please contact Planning & Development Services at (979) 764-3570.


Last updated: 8/14/2017 10:42:40 AM