The Parks and Recreation Master Plan identifies the City’s parks and recreation needs for the next ten years and provides guidance, goals, strategies, and actions on how to best address those needs. The Master Plan lays the groundwork for the identification and implementation of policy change, capital projects, operational and administration change, and recreation programming. The Master Plan is rooted in the Community Vision established by the residents of College Station, is consistent with the City’s Comprehensive Plan, is responsive to the current budgetary context, and is aligned with contemporary best practices in parks and recreation facilities and program delivery.
The approach undertaken in the development of this Plan is one that:
- Provides an opportunity to view the parks and recreation system within the overall context of the City’s delivery of services and meet resident needs.
- Focuses goals, strategies, and actions to provide services that directly meet the needs of the residents.
- Allows needs to be identified and evaluated comprehensively.
- Allows for the allocation of limited resources (property, staff, and fiscal) to their highest and best use.
- Allows for incremental and strategic improvements and changes to the parks and recreation system.
This approach focuses on understanding who uses the City’s parks and recreation system, what the current system consists of and its current condition, and what future needs may exist. This approach also identifies how this Master Plan relates to the City’s other plans and to the City’s future growth and development trends. Finally, this Plan identifies specific strategies and actions to meet needs and implement necessary change.
---> Final Approved Master Plan 2011 - Section 1
---> Final Approved Master Plan 2011 - Section 2
---> Final Approved Master Plan 2011- Ordinance
Revised 2010-2011; Approved by City Council July 14, 2011
For more information, call 979.764.3486, email email@example.com
or visit the Stephen C. Beachy Central Park Office, located at 1000 Krenek Tap Road in College Station.