400 Dexter Drive, College Station, TX 77840
Off George Bush Drive
8.07 Acres - Developed
Curfew - 11 p.m. to 5 a.m.
In 1947 College Station’s first city park was created with purchases of land from F.B. Clark and Hershel Burgess, The property, which included the drained College Park Lake and the land which surrounded it, became known as Dexter Park. In 1980 in honor of Fred Brison, the park was renamed Brison Park. Fred Brison, a member of the Texas A&M University Horticultural Faculty for 43 years, and was on the College Station City Council and Mayor Pro tem from 1971-1974. The park is a beautifully wooded green space, protected from development by deed restrictions. A seasonal stream runs the length of the park.
After the 1999 collapse of the Texas A&M Bonfire, which resulted in the deaths of twelve students and alumni, the decision was made to add five additional decorative light poles to the park, bringing the total number of lights to twelve. At each light, a plaque was placed with the name of one of those twelve who lost their lives.
Open Play Area
Jogging/Walking Trail - 1/3 Mile
10 Parking Spaces RENTABLE FACILITIES
All facilities are available on a first-come, first-serve basis with no reservations required.
For more information, call 979.764.3486, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Stephen C. Beachy Central Park Office, located at 1000 Krenek Tap Road in College Station.