The City of College Station continues to experience exponential growth, especially in the southern and western portions of the city. With this growth, there has been increased traffic on the roadways to and from these areas. In response to this the Capital Improvement Citizen Advisory Committee recommended several roadway projects to improve capacity, mobility and connectivity which would help mitigate the impacts from the population growth.
One of those projects is the widening of Greens Prairie/Greens Prairie Trail from Royder Road to Arrington Road. Greens Prairie/Greens Prairie Trail is currently a two-lane road and will be widened to a four-lane minor arterial with medians and bike/pedestrian facilities. The widening will take place in phases.
- Between Royder and the western city limit line is under design.
- A public meeting was held on July 31, 2018 at the Wellborn Community Center.
- Construction is anticipated from Summer 2019 to Summer 2020.
- Between western city limit line and Arrington is under preliminary design.
- A public meeting was held on Feb. 27, 2019 at the Forest Ridge Elementary.
If you have any questions about the project please contact:
James Smith, PE
Public Works Department
City of College Station