As of Tuesday, Oct. 30 at 1:40 p.m. -- Due to warnings about tomorrow’s forecast from the National Weather Service, the Oct. 31 Trick or Treat at Werewolf Creek event is canceled. It will not be moved to another location or rescheduled. We are just as disappointed as you are and will make contingency plans for next year’s event. Thank you for your understanding.
The City of College Station is excited to celebrate Trick or Treat at
Werewolf Creek on Wednesday, Oct. 31 from 5-9 p.m. at Wolf Pen Creek Park, located at 1015 Colgate Drive. This event will feature a free trick-or-treating environment that will excite all ages!
Dozens of candy booths will be providing free treats throughout the festival site, which will also feature carnival games, live entertainment, petting zoo, joy jumps, costume contest, pumpkin patch, hay maze, haunted trail, story time and much more! The Pumpkin Patch will have pumpkins of all shapes and sizes, ranging from $1-35. Cash, checks or credit card accepted. All proceeds with benefit the Bryan/College Station Habitat for Humanity.
Guests may bring their own refreshments, but coolers must be 48 quarts or smaller and alcohol and glass containers are not allowed. Food vendors will also be available. Parking is conveniently located at Post Oak Mall, and handicap parking will be available at the Arts Council and Amphitheater parking lot off of Colgate. Holleman Drive from Dartmouth Street to the Sears parking lot will be closed from 4-11 p.m.
Thank you to our sponsors: Grand Station Entertainment
, StyleCraft Builders
, Raising Cane’s Chicken Fingers
, Kid to Kid
, and Ray Brooks Pop Entertainment
COSTUME CONTEST RULES & GUIDELINES
Contestants must adhere to the following in order to participate. Registration begins at 5 p.m. SPOTS ARE LIMITED.
- Costumes must be appropriate for all ages (not obstructive, offensive or violent). They may not contain any real weapons or sharp/pointed objects/materials that could harm others. Fake weapons must remain sheathed.
- Pets/live animals, liquids, messy substances or overly large props are not allowed.
- Ages 12 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- All contestants must complete and sign the costume contest waiver.
- Contestants will receive a wristband at registration that must be worn and visible throughout the contest.
CONSUME CONTEST JUDING & CATEGORIES
Costumes will be judged on creativity/originality, presentation of character/theme and interaction with judges/stage presence. Scores will be combined from all judges to determine the winners. Score sheets will not be available to participants or the public. All judges and event staff decisions are final.BABIES & TODDLERS (5 & UNDER)
• Up to 15 contestants can participate.
Registration ends at 6:10 p.m. Contestants must arrive at the designated area by the stage no later than 6:20 p.m. A parent or guardian (age 18+) can accompany the participant on stage. Strollers are not allowed. Prizes will be awarded to 1st-3rd places.
KIDS (6-9) • Up to 15 contestants can participate.
Registration ends at 6:40 p.m. Contestants must arrive at the designated area by the stage no later than 6:50 p.m. Parents and guardians will not be allowed on stage. Prizes will be awarded to 1st-3rd places.
TWEENS (10-12) • Up to 15 contestants can participate.
Registration ends at 6:40 p.m. Contestants must arrive at the designated area by the stage no later than 6:50 p.m. Prizes will be awarded to 1st-3rd places.
TEENS (13-17) • Up to 15 contestants can participate.
Registration ends at 7:10 p.m. Contestants must arrive at the designated area by the stage no later than 7:20 p.m. Prizes will be awarded to 1st-3rd places.
FAMILIES (SAME HOUSEHOLD, 3-10 PEOPLE) • Up to five families can participate.
One member of the family must 18 years or older. Registration ends at 7:10 p.m. Contestants must arrive at the designated area by the stage between 7:20 p.m. A prize will be awarded to 1st place.
POSSIBLE PRIZES DEPENDING ON CATEGORY
Altitude Trampoline Park Jump Pass, Chrissy’s Massage Gift Bag, City of College Station Pool Discount Pass or Swim Lesson Certificate, Chick-Fil-A Be Our Guest Card, Grand Station Entertainment Gift Certificate, Jumping World Jump Pass, Rodriguez Tire Center Tire Rotation, Scentsy Plug-In Warmer, Spirit Ice Arena Free Skate Pass, Star Cinema Grill Movie Tickets, Texas A&M vs. UAB Football Tickets, The Institute of Modern Barbering Gift Certificate, Urban Air Open Jump Pass or Classic Party Package, and Wings & More Complimentary Appetizer
INTERESTED IN HOSTING A CANDY BOOTH? IT'S FREE!
The City of College Station welcomes all business, non-profit and charitable organizations to set-up a candy booth at Trick or Treat at Werewolf Creek FREE of charge.
- Booth set-up is 10 a.m.-4 p.m. on Oct. 31. All booths must be ready at 4 p.m. and remain open until the event concludes at 9 p.m.
- All booths must be decorated, have wrapped candy and a Halloween-themed game for participants. Decorations and games must be safe and appropriate for all ages.
- Vendors are asked to bring at least 2,000-3,000 pieces of candy (about 7-8 large bags).
- Vendors must bring their own tent (no larger than 10’ x 20’), tables, chairs and lighting.
- Tent must be weighed down. Stakes are not permitted on the festival site.
- Vendors interested in selling products or food must purchase a $50 vendor permit. Additional fees and rules apply.
- Availability is based on first come, first served upon approval of the event supervisor and the availability of booth spaces.
- Water and electricity will be provided at no charge. Special requests, such as being placed near electricity outlets, must be received in writing by Oct. 19.
- Vendors are invited to enter the Best Booth contest that will be judged on decorations, games, etc. A prize will be awarded to first place.
Apply online or in-person at Stephen C. Beachy Central Park (1000 Krenek Tap Rd.), Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. All candy booth applications must be received by Friday, Oct. 19.
For more information, contact Virginia Godwin at 979.764.3649 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CONTACT INFORMATION: 979.764.3486
For more information, call 979.764.3486 or visit the College Station Parks & Recreation Office, 1000 Krenek Tap Rd.