The 10 foot wide multi-use path will follow along the northwest side of Harvey Mitchell Parkway (FM 2818) from Welsh Avenue to Longmire Drive. An eight foot path will connect from Longmire Drive to Texas Avenue. Click here
for a map of the location.
- Design: Completed February 2010
- Under construction: Start - September 2010 Anticipated Completion - May 2011
- This project is complete
- Comments for the Conceptual Drawings (30%) closed Nov. 10, 2009.
- A community meeting to discuss the project was held Monday, Oct. 26, 2009 at Peace Lutheran Church. Click here to view the presentation from the meeting.
- The Engineering firm Bury + Partners was contracted to design the multi-use path.
One million dollars was allocated through the November 2008 Bond for the implementation of projects identified by the Hike and Bike Task Force and adopted by City Council on Nov. 23, 2004. Rollout for these funds is slotted from FY09 – FY15.
A high priority trail project identified by the Hike and Bike Task Force in 2004 that has not been completed included Bee Creek Trail West North. This corridor will provide connectivity to key destinations including A&M Consolidated High School, Bee Creek Park and commercial property such as Walmart (crossing at Longmire).
Bicycle, Pedestrian, and Greenways Senior Program Manager
Planning and Development Services