P.O. Box 9960 • 2611 Texas Avenue South
College Station, TX 77842
979.764.3600 • 979.764.3468 (fax)
Dial 911 for emergencies.
Back To School Awareness
Local law enforcement is joining together to remind everyone about the need for back to school awareness throughout our community. On Monday August 24th local children will be heading back to school throughout Brazos County and the following week on Monday August 31st, students will begin the fall semester at Texas A&M and Blinn Junior College.
Local residents are asked to be mindful to these events and to be aware of the impact that the new school year will have on all of us:
• Be mindful of school zones and the posted speed limits associated with them. Local law enforcement will be proactively patrolling these areas in an effort to keep traffic patterns flowing smoothly and safely for our children as they make their way to and from school.
• Watch for area bus stops as areas where children will wait for school buses to take them to school and drop them off at the end of the day. Motorists are asked to be extra cautious in these areas and watch for children as they move to and from the buses in case they are not watching for you.
• Motorists are reminded of the need to stop along roadways for school buses as they pick up and discharge their riders at various points throughout the community.
• Distracted Driving: avoid unnecessary distractions like cell phones at all times, especially around areas where children will be moving and school zones.
• Build in extra time for your commute. Traffic around our schools picks up greatly during this time of year and can cause delays. Additionally our population will grow significantly over the next week as our college aged students continue arriving in our community for another semester.
If You See Something, Say Something
The College Station Police Department, in partnership with the Department of Homeland Security, is encouraging local residents to report suspicious activity to local law enforcement.
For more info about reporting suspicious activity
View the Current National Threat Advisory