All people, regardless of age, can benefit from learning about fire safety and prevention.
Tailored lessons are available for:
- Pre-K-1st grade
- 2nd grade-4th grade
- 5th grade-8th grade
- High School
- College Students
- Professionals / Businesses
- Senior Citizens
Prevention programs can be held at the organization’s location or at a fire station.
If the program is scheduled at a fire station:
- a tour of the station will be included
- At least five people must be in attendance for a fire prevention program. If you have a group of fewer than five, you are welcome to visit a fire station at your convenience within the time frames listed below. If the crew is not busy, they will provide a tour of the fire station.
- For school groups, youth groups, day cares, etc., there must be at least one adult for every five children in attendance.
- Prevention programs that take place at a fire station are limited to 50 participants.
- Prevention programs that take place at a station with between 26-50 participants will be divided in half, with one group receiving a tour of the station while the other group participates in a fire prevention program. If the crews at the station must respond to an emergency, the two groups will be brought back together until the crew returns for the duration of the program.
If scheduled at the organization’s location:
- In addition to a safety lesson, participants will get to meet the firefighters and see a fire engine up-close, if requested.
- Fire engines remain in service and may need to respond to an emergency during its visit.
- At least five people must be in attendance for a fire prevention program.
Prevention programs can be scheduled during the following times:
- 9 a m -12 p m
- 1-4 p.m.
- 7-9 p.m. (limited availability)
It is recommended that prevention program requests be submitted at least four weeks in advance, although requests can be made at any time.
After your request has been submitted, a member of the fire department will contact you to schedule a time for your tour. Please allow five business days for processing your request, although it is likely that your request will be processed within 48 hours.
---> Prevention Program Request Form